Thursday, January 19, 2012

Megaupload Shutdown Today & Other News

So I'll be uploading the Calendar and new translated files else where as soon as I get some free time.

As to why it is down, sounds like money laundering and racketeering by the head people, and a reluctance to stop movie distribution:

The individuals in the criminal enterprise -- a worldwide ring led by Australians Kim Dotcom, aka Kim Schmitz, and Kim Tim Jim Vestor -- each face a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison on racketeering charges, five years for conspiracy to commit copyright infringement, 20 years on money laundering charges and five years on related charges.

I finally have addresses for the last of the contest prizes; so I'm sending everything out today except the 2 fanfic prizes I need to get addresses for. Sorry for the delay. (Lots of excuses.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment