Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Project: LttP by Ataru Cagiva Vol. 2 (Ch. 5)

(Last updated Aug 15, 2011)

imageHere's the start of Link to the Past Volume 2 Chapter 5

Click here to begin reading!
Just the basic publication's browser, for quick browsing.
Ch 5 starts here: http://historyofhyrule.com/publications ... 2/125.html

The large files are here:
http://melorasworld.com/zelda/publications/manga_lttp2/lttp2_largernew/


Work force: Chapter 5
    Translator: Mariam (Leo_of_GnG)
    Editor: 
    Scans from: Melora
    Proofreader: Fox Lee
    Localization:

Extra Notes:
      * Translators! Please check anything with a :?: below. They are the most important missing bits. There are also other bits (mostly the notes that appeared between the panels) that Mariam couldn't translate because there's no Hiragana. If you could give them a looking over, that would be great!
      * Editors: Use Mariam in the tags, not Leo_of_GnG
      * This will be a double page format.
      * Change all instances of Agnim to Agahnim- because that's what English fans will recognize.

---Fox Lee---
Notes:
  • I've changed the number of exclamation points in many places. Broadly speaking, exclamation points in English come in ones and threes, but I notice that two is very common in Japanese (or at least in this manga). It's not really important, but I'm dreadfully anal about this stuff, so I "corrected" it ^^; I will, ah, turn it back if required.
  • I left the "kuns" intact, since they seem to be deliberate for some characters. I don't know what the policy is on Japanese honourifics, so let me know if I should leave them out from now on ^^
  • I've tried to note what most of the sound effects are for, though I haven't changed any of them - I assume that's a job for localisation ^^
  • I've marked serious translation issues in red.
  • Translation issue that aren't very important are in orange.
  • My comments/questions are in teal.
  • Poke me if you notice a mistake, please!

File 63
--Side #2--
Panel 1
Title: Chapter 11 - A Trap

File 64
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link: "The Master Sword Manual?!"

Panel 2
Kanika: "Precisely. According to my inquiries..."
Kanika: "There is a research library located less than 5 kilometres South from here."

Panel 3
Kanika: "And it is stored somewhere... "
Link: "WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE TOLD US THIS FROM THE START?!"

Panel 4
Kanika: "W... well... it is a facility filled with many traps. It is an extremely dangerous place!"

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Kanika: "Therefore, I haven't been able to collect much useful data"

Panel 2
Rasuka: "But if you had told us earlier, we coulda just went and grabbed it quick and easy"
Kanika: "Yes, but at that time, I was not aware of your strength"

Panel 3
Link: "Well, now that we know about it"
Link: "We'd probably be able to find a way to get the Master Sword to light up"

Panel 4
Danchou (off-panel): "Link-kun, Rasuka-kun, can I have a second with you two.."

Panel 5
Kanika: "..."

File 65
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link: "Keep an eye on Kanika?"

Panel 2
Danchou: "That's right"
Link: "But why?"

Panel 3
Danchou: "I don't really have any proof of this, but..."
Danchou: "I just can't help but feel suspicious of his conduct and words"
Author's note: It seems like Danchou's bangs are getting longer and longer

Panel 4
Link: "But... you know?"
Rasuka: "Yea... "

Panel 5
Danchou: "I'm just saying to stay alert. It's better to be safe than sorry."
Danchou: "Nothing wrong with being cautious"

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Rasuka: "Well, I guess if you say so... "

Panel 2
Link: "..."
Link: "I... "

Panel 3
Link: "I'm not gonna do it"

Panel 4
Danchou?: "Link-kun?!"

Panel 5
Link: "You know Kanika's been living here all alone for 600 whole years?"
Link: "And now he's finally grabbed the opportunity to get himself back home... He's just getting all worked up 'cuz he doesn't wanna lose that chance. Probably... "

Panel 6
"I see... "

File 66
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Rasuka: "You sure you're okay with this, Danchou?"
Rasuka: "Letting Link off like that?"

Panel 2
Danchou: "I, myself, have no confidence in my own words"
Danchou: "I just don't want to regret any choices I make, no matter how things will end"

Panel 3
Danchou: "And to do that that, I have no choice but to follow the path I choose"
Danchou: "I'm sure Link-kun is fully aware of that as well"

Panel 4
SFX: KA KA KAH (arrows landing)

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Link: "Oh my, my~!"
Link: "Now we got some long-ranged attacks coming at us"

Panel 2
Danchou: "Please be on your guard, Kanika-san"
Danchou: "We could be surrounded by traps as we speak"
SFX: toss (throwing arrow away)
Kanika: "Ahh... yes, thank you"

Panel 3
Ksnika: "As I thought, Danchou is beginning to doubt my loyalty"
Kanika: "He acts as though he would guard me but actually intends to keep an eye on me"

Panel 4
Kanika: "However, as long as they continue to do as I say"
Kanika: "Everything will go as planned..."

Panel 5
SFX: KO (nudging trigger)

Panel 6
SFX: KAKI (A click?)

File 67
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link?: "LOOK OUT!!!"
SFX: DO DO DOH (arrows firing)

Panel 2
SFX: GAKU (arrow piercing)

Panel 3
Link: "Ack... !!"

Panel 4
Danchou: "Are you ok, Link-kun?!"
Link: "No problem, since it wasn't my dominant arm"

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Danchou: "Kanika-san! After all that I've been telling you to stay on guard... "

Panel 2
Link: "Danchou! That's not like you, man"
Link: "It was simply inevitable. Just INEVITABLE" (Personally I think this line sounds kinda weird. Link talks like a regular hayseed most of the time, but suddenly he sounds like Spock :p Maybe it would be better if he said something like "it would have happened anyway"?)

Panel 3
Danchou: "... ... ... You're right"
Danchou: "I apologize... it just came out... "

Panel 4
SFX: tear

Panel 5
Kanika: "Yes, that was inexcusable of me... "

Panel 6
Kanika: "It was all completely my fault"
Kanika: "I sincerely apologize... "

Panel 7
Link: "Don't worry about it! I told you right, it was inevitable!"
Link: "It was also careless of me not to have my shield out, knowing that there were arrow traps"

File 68
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Danchou: "But with this wound... what shall we do now"
Danchou: "Shall I trade positions with Link-kun... No wait... "

Panel 2
Link: "Thanks, Danchou"
Link: "Now! Shall we be off, then?"

Panel 3
Link: "Just to let you know, I refuse to keep an eye on Kanika, okay?
SFX: BO (???)

Panel 4
Danchou: "B... but with that wound... !"
Link: "Hey, no problem, man. I'm gonna be using my shield from now on, so it's okay!"

Panel 5
Danchou: "Li... "

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Rasuka: "So what do you think? Was it done on purpose?"
Danchou: "I have no way of telling... "

Panel 2
Danchou: "But if it was, then that just means I'm not keeping a close enough eye on him"

Panel 3
Link: "Oh dear, it won't open!"
Link: "Rasuka~"

Panel 4
Rasuka: "Again?"
Link: "Hey, why not? You're always in the back relaxing anyway"

Panel 4
SFX: "BAGAH" (Doorsmash!)

File 69
--Side #1--
Panel 3
SFX: ZUDOH (Slicing?)

Panel 5
SFX: KO~N (Wood clunking on the floor)

Panel 6
SFX: BAKAH (pit opens)
Link?: "What a damp, shady place. Like, eww~"
Link?: "So? Any luck on finding it?"

--Side #1--
Panel 1
Kanika: "No, nothing so far... "
Kanika: "HM?!"

Panel 2
Kanika: "What is this now?!"
Kanika: "It seems to be a rough sketch of this entire facility"

Panel 3
Kanika: "With this, we will be able to spot any traps ahead of time"
Kanika: "On top of that, we can find the rooms where all the important documents are stored"

Panel 4
Link: "Sweet! All right, let's move on then!"

Panel 5
Kanika: "I shall stay in the back and give you directions"
Link: "Okay, leave the trap dodging to us!"

File 70
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Kanika: "A pitfall 5 meters ahead... "
Kanika: "The switch to it is... that! Press onto that block right there" (This speech bubble overlaps onto panel 2)
SFX: ??? (Not translated)

Panel 2
SFX: BAKAH (pit opens)

Panel 3
Link: "Dang, that book is making this too easy for us! If only there was one for each dungeon~"
Kanika: "I could not agree more"

Panel 4
Rasuka: "Danchou... maybe it really is just your imagination?"
Danchou: "Hm... I'm hoping it is... "

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Kanika: "We're almost at that point... "
Kanika: "Are you okay with this... ? Are you really okay with this, Kanika... ?!"

Panel 2
Kanika: "Right now, Link-kun is the only essential person I need... but then... "

Panel 3
Kanika: "Is it really necessary to eliminate the other two... ?!"

Panel 4
Kanika: "No... it will all be the same in the end"
Kanika: "I am done living with regrets... "

Panel 5
Kanika: "Please curse your own fates"

Panel 6
Kanika: "Farewell, Rasuka-kun, Danchou!"
SFX: GOH (pressing button)

File 71
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link: "WHAT'S GOING ON?!"
SFX: GAAAAH (wall forming)

Panel 2
SFX: GADOOON (wall completes)
Link: "RASUKA! DANCHOU!"

--Side #2--
Panel 2
Danchou: "Argh... So we did fall right into his hands... ?!"
Danchou: "Or was it an accident... ?!"

Panel 3
SFX: GOOON (Rumbling, maybe?)
Rasuka: "!"

Panel 4
Rasuka: "Now's not really the time to be thinking about that, Danchou... "
Author's note: The ceiling is falling here, though you may be able to tell.

Panel 5
Rasuka: "I think we should be worried more about surviving through this... "
SFX: GO GO GO GO GOH (Roof juddering downward, I think)

File 72
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link: "RASUKA!!!"
Link: "DANCHOU!!!"
SFX: BANG BANG

Panel 2
Link: "What's all this about?! What the heck was the manual for... ?!"
SFX: GRAB
Kanika: "C... Can't breath... Please let go... !"

Panel 3
Kanika: "Read this part!"
Kanika: "It says that that trap has been eliminated due to construction problems!"

Panel 4
Link: "I can't read that"
Kanika: "Oh... right. This is an ancient writing from 600 years ago, so of course... "

Panel 5
Link: "So?!" What kinda trap is this supposed to be?!"
Kanika: "Hold on a second... Umm... "

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Kanika: "This passage is surrounded by special bricks that measure from 3 meters wide to 8 meters deep"
Kanika: "The ceiling that stands 3 meters above ground shall slam down within just 2 minutes... !"

Panel 2
SFX: GOOOOON
Link: "!!!"

Panel 3
Kanika: "That must be the sound of the ceiling beginning to fall... "
Kanika: "ONLY 2 MINUTES LEFT!"

Panel 4
Kanika: "What are you... ?!"

Panel 5
Link: "Isn't it obvious?"
"I'm gonna tear down the wall and save 'em!"

File 73
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Kanika: "Break the wall in 2 minutes... ?!"
Kanika: "It is impossible!"

Panel 2
Kanika: "This wall is made of double sealed special bricks!"
Kanika: "It is three times tougher than regular brick!"

Panel 3
Link: "So you want me to... So you want me to give up just cuz of that... ?"
Link: "NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!"

Panel 4
Link: "THEY'RE BOTH VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE TO ME!!!"
Link: "I'M GONNA SAVE 'EM NO MATTER WHAT!!!"

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Rasuka: "HAH!!!"

Panel 2
SFX: DOSHI (impact)
Author's note: "These are physical attack names" (pointing at what Rasuka's saying, below)

Panel 4
Rasuka: "Barely left a mark... Tch~"
Rasuka: "Ingonhuu, Tetsushashou - none of my moves are working! I shoulda trained a little harder"

Panel 5
SFX: GA GA GA (Link hitting the wall?)
Danchou: "!"

Panel 6
Danchou: "Rasuka-kun! I hear sounds coming from the other side!"
Danchou: "There's no doubt - Link-kun is also trying to break down the wall!"

File 74
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Rasuka: "Tch... Guess I can't be slacking off then... "

Panel 2
Rasuka: "Don't wanna owe my life to that guy just for getting my ass saved here!"

Panel 3
Link: "DAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Panel 4
SFX: GAKYUN (Sword impact)

Panel 5
SFX: GACHA CHAN (Sword clattering to the ground)

Panel 6
Link: "Tch~"

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Kanika: "Li... "
Link: "Shut it!"

Panel 2
Link: "You just wanna tell me that it's useless, right?! Well, you know what?"
Link: "There's just no way I'm ever gonna give up, all right?!"

Panel 3
Link: "Not too long ago... "
Link: "I lost my last blood relative, right before my eyes!"

Panel 4
Link: "Watching my uncle die..."
Link: "There was nothing I could've done... "

Panel 5
Link: "But right now, there's still hope for me to save people!"
Link: "I just... can't stand for it any more!"

File 75
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link: "I CAN'T STAND TO EVER WATCH MY FRIENDS DIE AGAIN!!!"
SFX: GYOOOOO (Charging?)

Panel 2
SFX: hu (footstep?)

Panel 3
SFX: DOGYU (footstep?)

Panel 4
SFX: GAH (sword impact)

--Side #2--
Panel 1
Kanika: "!!!"

Panel 2
Link: "It... it actually penetrated the wall... ?!"

Panel 3
Link: "RASUKA! DANCHOU!"

Panel 4
Rasuka: "Tch... It's about time. If only you were a wee bit earlier..."
SFX: GO GO GO GO GO GO GOH (ceiling descending)
Rasuka: "Looks like... this is the end... for us... "

Panel 5
Link: "YOU IDIOT, DON'T YOU DARE JUST GIVE UP LIKE THAT!"

Panel 6
Link: "I'm not gonna let you"
Link: "I WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT LET YOU!"

File 76
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link: "To just die right before my eyes... "

Panel 2
Kanika: "!!!"

Panel 3
SFX: SHIKAAAAA (sword lighting up?)

Panel 4 (also Side 2, panel 1)
Link: "I'M NEVER GONNA LET YOU DO THAT!!!"

--Side #2--
Panel 1 (also Side 1, panel 4)
SFX: ZUGA (slice?)

Panel 1
Rasuka: "Whoah!"

File 77
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Kanika: "It... "
Kanika: "It lit up... "

Panel 2
Kanika: "It lit up, it lit up, it finally lit up~~~!"
Link: "YOU IDIOT!!!"

Panel 3
"Quit celebrating on your own and help me get 'em out!"
SFX: (not translated)

--Side #1--
Panel 2
Danchou: "Thank you... for saving us, Link-kun... "
SFX: GO GO GO GO (Rumbling?)
Link: "Oh come on, ya'll are my buddies. 'Course I'd save you guys"

Panel 3
Link: "It's just... "
SFX: GO GO GO GO (Rumbling?)
Link: "I didn't want go through that ever again... "

Panel 4
Rasuka: "By the way, why is it still making that 'go go go' sound?"
SFX: GO GO GO GO (Rumbling?)
"OH MY OH MY?!"

Panel 5
Kanika: "That trap seems to have been a secret retention" (Retention? Not sure quite what he means there. Maybe something like "failsafe"? Or does he mean it's a structural support?)
SFX: GO GO GO GO (Yup, Rumbling?)
Kanika: "And once it has been triggered, this entire place is set to self-destruct... "

Panel 6
SFX: GO (Still rumbling)

File 78
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Rasuka?: "Aww maan... "
SFX: ZU ZU ZU ZU ZU ZUN (Ruin collapsing?)

Panel 2
Danchou: "Well, looks like we're back to where we started... with no manual... .."
Rasuka: "Kinda makes us look dumb~... "

Panel 3
Link: "Not really, guys"
Link: "The Master Sword actually lit up in the end!"

Panel 4
Kanika: "Exactly! Now you should be able to strike up the Balls of Light!"

Panel 5
Rasuka: "Hey Link, over there!"
Rasuka: "Try blowing that boulder to smithereens!"

Panel 6
Link: "All righty!"

--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link: "HAAAA!!!"

Panel 2
SFX: VWOUUUH (sword beginning to illuminate?)

Panel 3
Link: "Huh?"

Panel 4
Link: "Wait wait, one more time"
SFX: BUN (I assume this is the sound of the sword failing to light up)
Rasuka?: "Huh? Hey, hey..."
SFX: BUN
Link: "Just shut up and watch"
SFX: BUN
Link?: "Huuuh?"
Rasuka?: "Quit fooling around and do it right"
SFX: BUN
Link: "You're so annoying Uryaa!!"
Danchou?: "Link-kun... "

File 79
--Side #1--
Panel 1
Link: "WHAT THE HECK, MAN~~!!!"
Rasuka: "Like I thought, you're nothing but a fake hero"

Panel 2
Link: "What'd you say, God dangit?!"
Rasuka: "Why don't ya try taking out that anger on your sword and get it to light up?!"
Link: "Raaaaawwrrr~~~!!!"

Panel 3
???: "That Kanika... He does seem to be trying, but... hmm..."
???: "He seems to be lacking strength and determination"

Panel 4
???: "He may be trying his best... "
???: "But it may be good to take action myself"

1 comment: