Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Project: Sovereignty (Translation: Lunitari)

(Last Edited: 2012/6/5)

This is for the Japanese to English Language Version:
imageSovereignty
Click here to begin reading!

Here are the large files


Work force: Image
    Translator: Lunitari 
    Editor: ---
    Proofreader: ---
    Scanned by: Joouheika

Extra Notes:
    * Zippy: go ahead and make the files grayscale, the color variation is kind of crummy or I guess it wouldn't matter.
---Lunitari--
I have a question for the one who scanned these. I can't quite make out the first kanji that appears on file 002 (4th character in the top bubble) even with the large file. Is it è²´?

File 002

So assuming that I do have the right kanjii the bubbles on the first page seems to be Zelda's thoughts:

Tentative translation: Your journey began and you were looking for a mirror.
Note: If I do have the right kanji when it is followed by æ–¹ it can either mean just plain you, or darling, or dear. Could someone who knows more japanese than me verify in what terms is Zelda using it? The Zel/Link fan in me is very tempted to use darling :D changing the phrase to Your journey began and you my darling were looking for a mirror.

File 003

Bubbles between Link and Midna
tentative translation: She also told me
or
She told me also


Bubble above Midna's head
tentative translation: It is from there


Bubbles beside Link
tentative translation: I'd have to go to meet you... Maybe


Buttom panel starting from the right:
tentative translation: I also…hope to meet her again. But many want to talk with you against it.

File 004

Top right panel
I must also apologize to her and the Twilight for having her involved.

Left panel
…I’m sure she doesn’t want any apologies.

Bottom panel
The Twili is our ancestral past…It is a private seal about faults.
They haven’t forgotten the fact that they carry the sins of their ancesters. Everyone is a breast about a warning so that the past may not be repeated again. It is alive with pride in the world of twilight.

(I"ll try to come up with something later on in my final revision that makes more sense)


File 005

Right top panel
If you and the ground of this light are appreciated, it will be sure that she passes the long time of teaching so, and that feeling is not a lie. 

If she appreciated you Princess and this land of light, she will surely pass a long time teaching others about us. I am sure of it.



Middle panel
Princess Zelda


Top left panel

Haven't been here in ages thought I'd post something to let you know I'm still working on this. I've been revising what I had translated last year and found lots of mistakes. :blush: 

So here is what I have so far

green= Link talking
purple= Zelda talking


Pg1(file002)

"Go on a journey and you just might find another mirror".


Pg2(file003)

(right top panel)

Midna had said and you also have mentioned it.

(left top panel)

I have to go and see if I can find it or not, or we’ll never know.


(Bottom panel)

I also…would like to meet her again.

We both wanted to talk more but she had to go…(Not quite sure about this one you might want someone who’s fluent or knows more Japanese to look this over)


Pg 3(file004)

(top right)
Since I cannot go with you, if you do find the mirror and Midna, can you apologize for me for getting her and her people caught between this war.

(middle)

…I’m sure she would not have accepted it and say it was Zant’s fault. (Not quite sure about this one either)

(bottom)
(right sided bubble) 

That it was the Twilight people’s ancestral past that carried over to our time.

(middle big bubble)
The past repeated itself again as a warning to everyone. (Not sure about the last bit “as a warning to everyone” could be “as a lesson to everyone”)

(left side bubble) Needs to be looked at

Take pride in the Twilight Realm, I’m alive. (as in meaning: be proud of the Twilight Realm they learned their lesson from the past and realized their mistake before I ended up dead? Really not sure have someone look this up)

Or it could be if the middle bubble is “lesson”

That they are alive with pride in the Twilight Realm (meaning the Twilight people are too proud and the past repeating itself to teach them a lesson? )

Pg. 4(file005)

(top left pannel)

(top bubble)

She has taught/guided me over time and also you in the world of light. I am grateful.


Middle panel 

Princess Zelda

Left top pannel Needs to be looked at

The decision you took was not a mistake and neither was Midna’s judgement. 

Ganon’s evil spirit within Zant corrupted him and gave him a stronger power.
 (Not sure of the translation but I think this is what the gist of it. It seems as if Link is implying that Zelda and Midna were the ones who saved Hyrule)

Bottom left pannel

You were the hero. I just guarded Hyrule and equivalently so did Midna.

Final Version for the first page (file 002)

You are setting off to look for the mirror. I know, it’s in your attitude and the way you’ve been speaking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment