Sunday, April 16, 2023

Zelda Story Illustration Scans: Shogaku Ichinensei 1992


TRANSLATIONS WANTED! If you would like to translate this, please contact me: melorasworld@gmail.com


These are from some almost impossibly-rare children's magazines and I am so excited to finally be able to see good versions of nearly all of them because the art is incredible. They come from Shogokukan's magazine for 1st graders from 1992 and the Link to the Past feature ran from April to September. They're called "The Legend of Zelda, Link's Great Adventure." The artist is: Junichiro Saito / 斎藤純一郎 and I want to thank fellow fan, Sambyu / 旅人, for helping me so much with information on everything.

These are rare enough that I, personally, only own August at the moment. But Linkabel/AbelMunizJr has been collecting them for a while and was incredibly kind when I asked if I could get some photos of them. And now that they got some time, and a working scanner, they archived them for all of us. 


AbelMunizJr posted these on Twitter saying:

"Here are the scans for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past manga that was featured in Shogaku Ichinensei issues, from 05/1992[sic] to 09/1992. It seems I'm missing one issue, but I'm sure it will eventually surface.

Direct scans here and thread below: https://t.co/SIuZRu6UZc "


Here's what was in each issue:

0 comments:

Post a Comment