Friday, September 3, 2021

Hyrule Fantasy Board Game, Fully Translated into English, and Playable on Steam

 I can't believe I forgot to post about this here back when I posted about it on Twitter.


If you want to play it for free on Tabletop Simulator, find that here!

If you would like to download it to play manually, here's the link to all the files! 

If you would like more information about playing this, find all of that in this thread, here.


Update: If you would like to 3d print the Link figures from this board, Keshi Corner has scanned them and has the data you need uploaded. Find it from this link. Or from this file




First, you can probably guess why I've always been on the look out for this: This board game for the original Legend of Zelda, Hyrule Fantasy, has some of the most amazing art. It's basically a crime they didn't make a piece for every enemy in the game. When I was working on the LoZ1 gallery I tried really hard to track it down and, luckily, thanks to Sergei the Sage, I eventually found it. Alberto, who did the original editing and cleaning, was kind enough to send me the cleaned up, high resolution, images. He didn't send me the original scans because the person who originally made them is a collector and didn't want the completely authentic images on the net because they could be used to flood the market by allowing people to make perfect fakes. So we found a perfect middle ground: he sent me the images that already had the text edited out. So much less work for me, not having to clean things myself, and Alberto was a master at the work he did. I haven't added the images to the gallery yet, because the translation project took precedent, but I should be doing that soon.


As far as I can tell, here's where the credit lies. Over at Boardgame Geek, on this thread:

Evan Derrick originally organized the project
Bastian Baum perhaps continued the project
Gliiterberri translated the game
Alberto Vitali did the image cleaning and editing

And a lot of other people helped! It looked like a big group effort that I truly appreciate. 

Tabletop Simulator Screenshot: 



1 comment:

  1. It is horrendous that collectors now view preservation and recreation efforts as against their wishes.

    ReplyDelete