Monday, November 22, 2021

Indie Zelda and Louisa's Comics!

Blast from the past: If you use to visit History of Hyrule back in the day you probably remember IndieZelda.com, or Independent Zelda, the fan comic site run by one of my best Zelda & artist friends, Louisa Roy. You may know her as SomeGirl or Om Nom Berries too. She is an awesome fanartist and person, and ran an incredible forum where a bunch of Zelda webmasters hid out... hung out? ..probably both. She fuled a lot of our creativity and humor and helped keep me sane. I've known her for about as long as I've known anyone on the internet. We met on one of the first forums I ever joined.

Anyway, I adore her, she's still around doing her thing, making comics, and she sent me these Zelda doujinshi she created back then so I could preserve them on the web! I am so excited about this! So I got 4 series of hers, of vastly varying length, posted on archive.org last night. 

Be sure to check out her new stuff. She has a lot of other incredible Zelda comics and is doing Star Wars and other original comics as well. That link goes to her link tree.


The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Mirror is a 5 part comic for Ocarina of Time



A Space for Us Among the Clouds is a roughly 36 page comic for Skyward Sword


Her Twilight Princess Series is 5 parts, just under 130 pages, and features the stories: Beautiful Midnight, Hello Time Bomb, Symbolistic White Walls, and Alert Status Red



And this volume was made for the 25th anniversary of the series, it features stories for A Legend of Zelda fan comic for The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.



Love ya, Louisa!


0 comments:

Post a Comment