Wednesday, October 27, 2021

My Favorite Miyamoto Zelda Quotes

If you don't know me then just let me say I really do spend as much time as I can backpacking and hiking. So, one day, I was talking about why I love Breath of the Wild and the very early Zelda games and one of my oldest and best Zelda friends, Max, started posting some of the best Miyamoto quotes and I felt like I needed to gush about them a little more.



"Zelda has an epic story and all, but the truth is, to me it’s all about hiking. (laughs)" - Shigeru Miyamoto, 1998... "I think it's clear that Melora, too, is all about hiking xD " -Max
I mean, it's no wonder to me that the guy who created Zelda would speak to my soul like this!

"The spirit, the state of mind of a kid when he enters a cave alone must be realized in the game. Going in, he must feel the cold air around him. He must discover a branch off to one side and decide whether to explore it or not. Sometimes he loses his way." - Miyamoto

 


"When I was a child, I went hiking and found a lake. It was quite a surprise for me to stumble upon it. When I traveled around the country without a map, trying to find my way, stumbling on amazing things as I went, I realized how it felt to go on an adventure like this."

"When I went to the university at Kanazawa, it was a totally strange city for me. I liked walking very much, and whenever I did, something would happen. I would pass through a tunnel and the scene was quite changed when I came out."

 

"I was living in an apartment in Kyoto, and nearby was a building that had a small manhole cover mounted in the wall. I walked by it every day and I noticed it. I wondered, why is a manhole on the wall? Where does it lead?"

 

"I want people to get really into the geography [...], since I think it’s a really natural thing to be able to look around while you’re walking. At first when we were developing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I even proposed using a first-person perspective.

 

"I wanted to create a game where the player could experience the feeling of exploration as he travels about the world, becoming familiar with the history of the land and the natural world he inhabits."



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment